Welcome to Washington
IRP Registration Services!

Commercial carriers based in Washington State have an ally in the business. The legal requirements truckers are faced with can be overwhelming. Our mission is to make your life easier so you can focus on the road ahead. If you need help enrolling in The International Registration Plan, call us at (888) 202-4927. We’re a certified third party agent for the IRP Washington registration process, and experts in demystifying the pesky paperwork needed for legal compliance in the trucking industry.

Never heard of it! What’s the International Registration Plan, anyway?

Seattle skyline with Mount Rainier in the background

The International Registration Plan (IRP) is a mutual arrangement between 59 jurisdictions including the continental United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada. It makes the process of collecting fees and distributing them between the member jurisdictions much simpler than it used to be. Before the IRP, drivers were required to get separate permits for each area they accrued mileage in. What a hassle! Now one registration process is all that’s needed. And when you let us help you, the process is easy and painless. Once you give us your basic information, it’ll take us a few hours to fill out the paperwork required and then we’ll rush it off to the Washington State Department of Licensing. They need 7 days for processing, then you’ll receive your apportioned tags, license plate, cab card and weight decal.

What exactly is a cab card?

Capitol building, Olympia, Washington

A cab card is a paper that has details about your rig, such as its gross weight, unladen weight, number of axles, VIN number, etc. It also lists the jurisdictions you’re registered to drive in, and the maximum weight allowed in each. It has a bar code so officials can scan it, and it has the seal of the State of Washington. The cab card is proof of your enrollment in the International Registration Plan and should remain in the vehicle.

Does every truck need to enroll in the IRP?

No, not necessarily. If your hauling business takes place solely within The Evergreen State, you don’t need to register. But if you go between Washington and any other state, or into Canada, AND your truck meets the following criteria, you will be required to register.

  • Your power rig has 3 or more axles
  • Or it has 2 axles but it weighs more than 26,000 pounds
  • Or the combined weight of rig, trailer and load exceeds 26,000 pounds

If this describes your vehicle, call us today for assistance at (888) 202-4927.

Columbia River, Washington

We can help with all your legal documents, including HVUT!

The Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) is the IRS Form 2290. This is an annual fee imposed on all vehicles over 55,000 pounds. It’s not a good idea to ignore this requirement, as penalties can be severe. The time to handle it is before you get stuck at a weigh station without proof of compliance! So let us take care of this and all your other paperwork for you so you can have a smooth journey. Call us today at (888) 202-4927 and we will get all your ducks in a row!

Take us along for the ride! We’re here to help with all your trucking industry requirements. Give us a ring at (888) 202-4927!