Welcome to Oklahoma
IRP Registration Services!

Howdy, folks! If you’re a truck driver based in Oklahoma, you probably know the local highways well. But did you realize that once you leave The Sooner State with your payload, you’ll likely need to enroll in the International Registration Plan? We can help you with that! Call us now at (888) 202-4927, or grab yourself some chicken fried steak and cornbread and read on for the details of the IRP Oklahoma registration process.

Interstate 35, Oklahoma

What is the International Registration Plan anyway?

It’s a mutual arrangement between the continental United States, Washington DC, and Canada which simplifies the process of collecting and distributing fees for mileage accrued in each zone. Prior to the International Registration Plan, truckers had to get separate permits to travel in each area. Now in order to conduct your commercial carry business throughout most of North America, you’ll only be required to register once. When you do, you’ll receive your apportioned tags and cab card.

But what’s a cab card?

A cab card is an 8 ½” x 11” paper with all the relevant details about your vehicle such as VIN number, year, how many axles it has, etc. It includes a bar code for scanning by law enforcement if necessary. It also lists all the jurisdictions you’re registered in and the maximum weight limit in each. Canadian Provinces are shown in kilograms instead of pounds, except for Quebec, which lists the axle limit.

The Capitol Building, Oklahoma City, OK

Does every truck that travels outside the state need to register with the IRP?

No, some smaller trucks don’t. You’ll only need to enroll in the International Registration Plan (IRP) if your rig meets the following specifications:

  • If it’s a power rig with three axles or more
  • It’s got two axles but weighs more than 26,000 pounds
  • Or the combined weight of the rig, trailer and load exceeds 26,000 pounds

Does it sound like your truck qualifies? Then call us at (888) 202-4927 and we’ll get you enrolled.

How long does it take to get the license plate, sticker and cab card?

It’s a very speedy process when you use our assistance! We’ll spend a few hours on the paperwork after getting some information from you over the phone. Then we’ll rush the prepared documents to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission. They only need 2 business days to process it, and then you’ll be sent your registration package.

Are there any other legal requirements I should be aware of?

Yes, the trucking industry has a number of documents that truckers need to file. Another important one is the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (or HVUT). This is the IRS Form 2290, an annual fee all trucks over 55,000 pounds must pay. You won’t want to be negligent on this one either, because fines are stiff. We’ve also gotten many calls from truckers made to stay overnight at the weigh station until this form is complied with! We won’t let that happen to you, though. Our industry experts will get all your legal ducks in a row now, so you won’t have any problems down the road. Call our experienced agents today at (888) 202-4927, and you’ll soon be cruising the interstates without a care in the world!

We’re with you the whole way!

Contact us at (888) 202-4927 – We’re standing by to assist you with your IRP enrollment!