Welcome to Missouri
IRP Registration Services!

From the Northern Plains to the Ozark Plateau, Missouri has lots to offer. If you’re a Missouri-based trucker you probably know all the highways of The Show-Me State like the back of your hand. But if you’d like to expand your trucking business to new vistas beyond the state line, you’ll need to enroll in the International Registration Plan. We’re here to help you with the IRP Missouri registration. Call us now at (888) 202-4927 or grab yourself some toasted ravioli and read on for more details!

Wait, what’s the International Registration Plan?

The International Registration Plan (IRP) is an arrangement between 59 jurisdictions which allows commercial carriers to haul between them using just one license plate. Prior to the IRP, truckers needed multiple plates and permits for each area traveled. The 59 member jurisdictions include the 48 states of the continental United States, the District of Columbia, and the 10 provinces of Canada.

Missouri State Capitol Building in Jefferson City, Missouri

Do I really have to enroll in the IRP?

You won’t need to enroll in the International Registration Plan if your business is solely conducted in Missouri. But hauling between states and/or into Canada requires you to register if your truck meets the following qualifications:

  • Your power rig has two axles and exceeds 26,000 lbs.,
  • if it has three axles or more, regardless of weight,
  • or if the combined weight of power rig, trailer and load exceeds 26,000 lbs.

Does it sound like your truck qualifies for the Plan? If so, and heaps of paperwork puts you out, let us get it done for you. We’re experts in all the legalities required in the trucking industry. Unfortunately, there is a load of state and federal regulations drivers must comply with. Call us at (888) 202-4927 for help!

How long does the process of enrolling in the International Registration Plan take?

Chain of Rocks Bridge, Missouri

With our assistance, it won’t take much of your time at all. We’ll just get some information from you, then we’ll spend a few hours on the documents and rush them to the Missouri Department of Transportation. They’ll need 7 days for processing, after which you’ll receive your apportioned tags, license plate, cab card and weight decal for your truck.

What’s a cab card and why would I want one of those?

Well, a cab card is an 8 ½” x 11” paper with a bar code and official Missouri State Seal. It has all the details of your rig (VIN number, make, model, year, etc.) as well as all the jurisdictions you are registered in, and your maximum weight limit in each. The cab card serves as evidence of your IRP compliance and should be kept with you on your travels.

Can you guys help me with any other trucking industry requirements?

Yes, we can help you with any and all documentation necessary to get you legally up and running. It’s what we do and we take great pleasure in assisting truckers with their lawful compliance so they can keep their full attention on the road.

How about the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax?

Of course! The Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT), otherwise known as IRS Form 2290, is one of the legalities that need to be kept up with. All trucks exceeding a gross vehicle weight of 55,000 pounds are required to pay this tax. If you let it lapse, you may find yourself stuck at a weigh station until it’s taken care of. We get plenty of calls from drivers in this situation! Let us file it for you before it becomes a problem. Give us a ring at (888) 202-4927 and we’ll get you ready to roll!

Downtown Kansas City, Missouri

We’re with you for the entire journey!

Call us at (888) 202-4927 – We’re looking forward to helping you with the International Registration Plan, the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax and all other trucking legal requirements!