Welcome to Indiana
IRP Registration Services!

If you’re a Hoosier with a tractor-trailer and you call the Interstate home, you’ll need to enroll in the International Registration Plan. We’d like help you with that. Our mission is to assist truckers with all the red tape required for legal compliance. Call us at (888) 202-4927 for all the specifics on IRP Indiana, or read on for more info!

What’s the International Registration Plan, anyway?

Indianapolis, Indiana

The International Registration Plan (IRP) is an agreement between 59 jurisdictions including the continental States of the USA (AKA the lower 48), the District of Columbia, and the 10 Provinces of Canada. It allows a driver to transport between any of the member areas without the necessity of obtaining permits in each jurisdiction. Only one license plate, cab card and sticker is required. Prior to the IRP, trucks needed permits in each state or province, requiring multiple cab cards and plates. Yikes!

What’s a cab card?

The cab card lists all the jurisdictions your vehicle is legal for transport in, and the gross vehicle weight allowed in each area (total weight of truck and payload.) The cab card serves as evidence of your IRP registration, and needs to remain in the truck at all times.

Do I definitely need to register with the IRP?

Well, if you only haul between Gas City and Santa Claus, for instance, or within any other areas of Indiana, you’re not required to enroll. However, if conducting your trucking business brings you outside the Crossroads of the World, you likely need to register.

Indiana photos by David Mark from Pixabay

Specifically, if your gross vehicle weight exceeds 26,000 pounds, or your truck has 3 or more axles regardless of weight, call us at (888) 202-4927 and we’ll get you enrolled.

How long will it take to get enrolled in the IRP?

With our assistance, it won’t take much of your time at all! When you call us at (888) 202-4927, we’ll get some info from you, then we’ll spend a few hours filling out the documents and then will hightail them over to the Indiana Department of Revenue. They need 5 business days for processing. Shortly thereafter you’ll receive your apportioned tags, license plate, cab card and weight decal.

Can you help me with my other legal requirements?

We’re industry experts and are happy to help you with all the mandatory paperwork truckers need to legally operate on the road. And unfortunately there is a fair bit of paperwork required! For example, in addition to the IRP, there’s the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT.) The HVUT is also know as IRS Form 2290. It’s a fee assessed yearly on vehicles with registered gross weights of 55,000 pounds or greater. Falling behind on this requirement can result in fines and penalties, and even getting held at a weigh station overnight until it’s handled. Call us today at (888) 202-4927 and we’ll make sure all the legalities are perfectly in place so you can keep your attention on the highway where it belongs!

We’re Here For The Whole Ride!

Give us a call at (888) 202-4927! We’re looking forward to helping you with your IRP license, and all your other legal requirements.