Welcome to Iowa
IRP Registration Services!

Are you a big rig driver based in Iowa? Do you plan to drive your commercial vehicle outside the Hawkeye State? Well, if you’d like to power up the process of getting your legal ducks in a row to be able to haul throughout the US and Canada, you’ve come to the right place! We are an International Registration Plan certified third-party agent for the IRP Iowa and would love to help you. Our highly trained staff can be reached at (888) 202-4927.

What is the International Registration Plan?

The International Registration Plan, or IRP, is an agreement between 59 jurisdictions: The continental (or lower 48) states, the District of Columbia, and the 10 Canadian Provinces (Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan.) The agreement provides for license fee payments between the jurisdictions on the basis of mileage accrued.

American Goldfinch, the lovely State Bird of Iowa

As far as legislation goes, this one is practically the greatest thing since sliced bread. That may sound like a stretch, but prior to the IRP, drivers doing business beyond their home state had to have a permit for every other jurisdiction they operated in. So, it does simplify matters quite a bit. And we can greatly simplify the process of getting you enrolled in the plan.

Does my truck qualify for the IRP?

If you haul only within the state of Iowa, you don’t need to register with the IRP. But if you operate within any other state, AND:

  • Your power unit has two axles and weighs more than 26,000 lbs., or
  • Your power unit has three axles or more, no matter the weight., or
  • Your power unit plus trailer and load combo weighs more than 26,000 lbs., you are required to register for the IRP.

Call us, we’ll do the heavy lifting for you. Our friendly operators are standing by at (888) 202-4927.

How long does the registration process take?

After we get your information, we will spend a few hours filling out the legal documents, then send them digitally to the Iowa Department of Transportation. After a 1-3-week processing time, you will receive your apportioned tags: license plate, cab card and sticker. The cab card is evidence of your registration and should remain in the vehicle.

Iowa State Capitol Building, Des Moines

Can you help me with the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax, too?

Absolutely! The Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) is also known as IRS Form 2290. You must stay current with the HVUT or face stiff penalties. But we can handle that and all your other legal documents so you can focus on the road.  Call (888) 202-4927 today!

We’re here for the whole ride!